FAM11 - Federated Access Management Conference
9 November 2011
FAM11 takes a global perspective on Identity & Access Management related matters.
Post event update
With a range of plenaries and breakout sessions throughout the day, key themes include inter-federation working, discovery and usability, resource statistics, the issues surrounding extending access to different user types and upcoming developments in federated access.
- Delegates will be able to:
- find out the latest UK Federation news.
- learn about developments in other European Federations.
- listen to case studies about solutions that have been implemented.
- hear about the importance of usability for both IdPs and SPs.
- and find out about the latest product offerings in the market.
There will also be opportunities to network with peers within the FAM arena and to connect with publishers and vendors.
Twitter hashtag: #FAM11
- Phil AdamsSenior Assistant Librarian (Content Delivery)De Montfort University
- Alex BilbieDeveloper, Online Services Team, ICT ServicesUniversity of Lincoln
- Joost van DijkTechnical Product ManagerSURFnet
- Tom EdmondsProduct ManagerEduserv
- Martin HamiltonHead of Internet ServicesLoughborough University
- Nicole HarrisJISC Advance
- Mark HughesHead of CollectionsSwansea University
- Martyn JansenContracts & Legal ManagerEduserv
- David OrrellTechnical ArchitectEduserv
- John PaschoudConsultant Project Manager, Information Systems and Innovation GroupLondon School of Economics / Local Knowledge
- Jaime PerezMiddleware EngineerSIR - RedIRIS
- Andy PowellHead of Product ResearchEduserv
- Jonathan RichardsonAssistant CIS DirectorUniversity of East Anglia
- Philip SmartEngineering Consultant Identity and Access ManagementCardiff University
- Dr Rhys SmithIdentity, Access and Middleware SpecialistCardiff University and JANET
- Andreas Åkre SolbergScientistUNINETT
- Jon WarbrickInformation Systems DevelopmentUniversity of Cambridge
- Rod WiddowsonShibboleth DeveloperSDSS at the University of Edinburgh
- Mark WilliamsOperator ManagerUK Access Management Federation
9 Nov 2011
- 10:00 - 10:30
- Registration and refreshments
Registration will be from 10:00-10:30. Refreshments will be available as well as your chance to visit our exhibition area.
- 10:30 - 10:45Andy PowellHead of Product ResearchEduserv
Welcome to FAM11.
- 10:45 - 11:30Jonathan RichardsonAssistant CIS DirectorUniversity of East Anglia
- Opening keynote - Wayfs and Strays
Presentation by Jonathan Richardson, Assistant CIS Director, University of East Anglia
- 11:30 - 11:50
- Coffee break
Help yourselves to refreshments and spend some time networking and visting our exhibition area.
- 11:50 - 12:50Martyn JansenContracts & Legal ManagerEduservJohn PaschoudConsultant Project Manager, Information Systems and Innovation GroupLondon School of Economics / Local Knowledge
- Breakout session 1 - Users
Extending access management to business and community engagement - John Paschoud Licensing challenges under distributed education - Martyn Jansen
- 11:50 - 12:50Joost van DijkTechnical Product ManagerSURFnetJaime PerezMiddleware EngineerSIR - RedIRIS
- Breakout session 2 - Federations
SIR federation latest news and developments - Jaime Perez Inter-federating SURFfederatie - Joost van Dijk
- 11:50 - 12:50Alex BilbieDeveloper, Online Services Team, ICT ServicesUniversity of LincolnDr Rhys SmithIdentity, Access and Middleware SpecialistCardiff University and JANET
- Breakout session 3 - Other approaches
Moonshot and the UK research and education community: What it means for you… - Dr Rhys Smith OAuth; sanity over SSL - Alex Bilbie
- 12:50 - 13:50
Lunch will be served from 12:50-13:50. Please use this networking pportunity to visit our exhibition area.
- 13:50 - 14:50Martin HamiltonHead of Internet ServicesLoughborough UniversityMark HughesHead of CollectionsSwansea UniversityJon WarbrickInformation Systems DevelopmentUniversity of Cambridge
- Breakout session 4 - Case studies
Open source and access management: the Swansea experience and the wider potential - Mark Hughes Google Apps - SSO and identity management at the University of Cambridge - Jon Warbrick Dark clouds and silver linings - Martin Hamilton
- 13:50 - 14:50Andy PowellHead of Product ResearchEduservAndreas Åkre SolbergScientistUNINETTRod WiddowsonShibboleth DeveloperSDSS at the University of Edinburgh
- Breakout session 5 - Usability
Discovery and usability - Andy Powell Logos, labels and login: Helping your users' login and discovery (WAYF) process - Rod Widdowson DiscoJuice; userfriendly Identity Provider Discovery - Andreas Åkre Solberg
- 13:50 - 14:50Phil AdamsSenior Assistant Librarian (Content Delivery)De Montfort UniversityDavid OrrellTechnical ArchitectEduservPhilip SmartEngineering Consultant Identity and Access ManagementCardiff University
- Breakout session 6 - Statistics
Raptor toolkit introduction and update - Phil Smart Charts, reports and beyond: Statistics in OpenAthens - David Orrell Statistical evidence for the relationship between using electronic resources and student attainment - Phil Adams
- 14:50 - 15:10
- Tea break
Help yourselves to refreshments. This will be your final opportunity to visit our exhibition area.
- 15:10 - 15:30Mark WilliamsOperator ManagerUK Access Management Federation
- UK Federation update
Presentation from Mark Williams, Operator Manager, UK Access Management Federation from JISC Collection.
- 15:30 - 15:50Tom EdmondsProduct ManagerEduservDavid OrrellTechnical ArchitectEduserv
- OpenAthens today: a look into the future
Presentation from Tom Edmonds, Eduserv's OpenAthens Product Manager and David Orrell, Senior Architect.
- 15:50 - 16:10Nicole HarrisJISC Advance
- UK Access Management focus
Presentation from Nicole Harris from JISC Advance.
- 16:10 - 16:20Andy PowellHead of Product ResearchEduserv
FAM11 is a free-to-attend event.
To ensure that delegates attend the event, Eduserv reserve the right to apply a no show fee of £100 unless you have given us notice of not being able to attend at least a week before the event.
Reserve a place at the pre-event reception on the evening of 8 November.