The technical pre-sales consultant advises customers on all issues relating to the adoption of, and migration to, public cloud (AWS, Azure and Office 365). They work closely with their AWS Solutions Architect and Azure Solutions Architect colleagues, the Sales team and the rest of the cloud business unit. The technical pre-sales consultant is responsible for helping customers to select the most appropriate mix of public cloud platforms, in line with their business requirements, and for building the business case for any resulting digital transformation.
The ideal technical pre-sales consultant will demonstrate:
- a good working knowledge of AWS, Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- the ability to apply the benefits of public cloud to customers’ business challenges
- a natural entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for cloud technology
- intellectual curiosity as evidenced by:
- a strong motivation to stay abreast of technical advances
- a drive towards continual self-development
- a strong customer service orientation as evidenced by:
- the ability to lead cloud architecture discussions with peers and clients, adapting communication styles according to the audience
- the ability to quickly establish credibility and trust with key stakeholders internally and externally
- the ability to understand and document client’s business requirements, and produce winning propositions in response
- the ability to evangelise the benefits of public cloud for customers
- the ability to drive decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through.
They will also have an in-depth knowledge of:
- assessing the total cost of ownership of on-premise, collocated, public cloud and hybrid solutions
- creating compelling business cases
- the key capabilities of AWS, Azure, Office 365 and associated tools.
They will have experience of:
- working in a customer facing environment, as a solutions architect or similar
- the on-premise solutions adopted by the majority of our customers (VMware, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- the architecture, design and implementation of end user environments based upon both public and hybrid clouds
- building deep relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large number of highly strategic accounts.
AWS Certified Solution Architect – Associate (achieved or working towards)
Microsoft Azure Cloud Solutions Architect (70-534) (achieved or working towards)