CILIP ARLG (CoFHE and UC&R) Conference 2012
25 - 27 June 2012
This three day event will take place at Newcastle University with the theme 'Great Expectations: what do students want and how do we deliver?'
Tom Edmonds, Project Manager for OpenAthens, will be presenting 'Measuring the use of online resources' on Wednesday 27 June 2012.
Library budgets are being squeezed. Organisations are looking at innovative ways to manage their budgets and deploy resources more efficiently. Maximising the return on investment, whether this is in staff, new learning aides, books or online resources, is an increasing part of the librarian’s job.
As well as managing access to these electronic resources, libraries need information to help them understand how they are being used and by whom. What tools are you using to achieve these goals? Some institutions are using statistical tools to:
- Examine the value of different resources across different categories of users;
- Improve the targeted use of limited resources;
- Increase uptake of existing resources, improving the value of the subscription.
Similarly, some institutions use marketing tools to:
- Increase the use of existing resources;
- Improve the ROI of some resources;
- Educate users in the use of new databases.
Share your experiences however successful, with others at this workshop and learn how other organisations are improving their library ROI by over 200% through use of technology and other mechanisms.
Visit the conference website for more information or to register to attend.
Twitter hashtag: #CILIPARLG12