As part of our Licence Negotiation Service, an Agreement is a contractual arrangement between Eduserv and a Supplier of software or data products. They are known as Chest Agreements.
Each agreement will include a licence that eligible universities, colleges and other organisations can subscribe to and a set of terms and conditions which govern the use of the licensed resource by members of the licensed institution.
The licence is granted to the Licensed Institution by the Supplier.
A Chest Agreement includes, among other things:
- details of the price which Institutions will pay to the Supplier to buy a licence
- the period of time covered by a licence
- the length of the agreement
- exactly which products are to be provided by the Supplier
- the level of service and support to be provided by the Supplier .