License Dashboard products track all IT assets deployed across an organisation, providing a baseline of asset information across the entire network.
License Dashboard products facilitate Software Asset Management (SAM) programmes by managing the full lifecycle of an organisation's software, including maintaining comprehensive licence and software usage inventories and having the ability to verify compliance status at any time, with limited licensing knowledge.
Unlimited site licence (which is unique to this agreement) providing the most cost effective and transparent licensing.
Higher and Further Education, Academies and Research Councils in the UK and Higher and Further Education Institutions (Third Level Colleges) in the Republic of Ireland.
The community expressed an interest for Eduserv to negotiate an Agreement for License Dashboard products.
Owner: License Dashboard Limited
License Dashboard License Manager - a software tool to assist with the management of an Institution's installed software base.
Advanced licensing and audit reconciliation in an intuitive software solution
License Manager achieves the most accurate and advantageous reconciliation between software usage and license entitlements by automatically:
- Importing and validating license entitlements from multiple sources (Microsoft Licensing Statements, Vendor and Reseller reports, individual license documents)
- Calculating downgrade and cross-grade rights according to purchased items
- Importing and cleansing software audit data from any inventory solution (includes connectors for SCCM, LANdesk, Altiris etc)
- Reconciling usage against entitlements to calculate the most advantageous Effective Licensing Position (ELP) for the organization
- Advanced Reporting on software installations, licensing position, compliancy, purchase history, maintenance contracts, software usage and many more.
License Dashboard SAM Portal
SAM Portal connects everyone involved in managing software on the network – end users, line managers, IT, procurement and compliance. All staff can use a common Web-based platform to ask for new software, approve requests, check license availability, administer license transfers etc.
- Comprehensive SAM Workflow for complete software lifecycle management
- Web-based interface can be accessed by all users across the organization
- Pre-defined Software Catalogue ensures only pre-authorized applications can be requested
- Self-Service interface increases end user acceptance and satisfaction
- Intelligent routing of requests and approvals
- User-based roles to request, approve, verify and procure software
- Automatic integration with License Manager to manage licence availability.
License Dashboard Discovery - tracks all IT assets deployed across an organisation, providing a baseline of asset information across the entire network. Features include:
- Asset List - provides detailed information of each device, including the device name and domain, operating system and service pack level, the device type, IP address and the last time the device made contact with the server.
- Hardware Inventory - provides an extensive overview of the hardware and operating system configuration of each device.
- Software Inventory - provides the installed software list for each device including Manufacturer Name, Product Name and Version.
- Microsoft Product ID Inventory - provides a list of the Microsoft Product IDs on each device along with the Product Name, Edition and Version.
- File Scan - provides a full list of the executable files on each device including the Filename, Path, Size and Executable File header detailing Manufacturer, Product, Description and Version.
- Inactive Device Management - marks devices as inactive when they have not communicated with the server for a given period, and can delete inactive devices should they remain inactive over time.
- Microsoft SQL database - provides simple access to data that can be used by third-party software, such as CMDB or help desk systems.
- Clients - can be spread across multiple domains or workgroups, sites LANs and WANs - they just need to be able to access the server HTTP URL.
- Reduce software expenditure
- Minimize risk of software license compliance failures
- Manage software procurement and support contracts more effectively
- Respond instantly to vendor audit requests
Annual prices excluding VAT
FE and Academies
(License Manager, SAM Portal and Discovery)
On receipt of a completed Licence, Sites will be invoiced for the Agreement year in which the Licence is signed. For each subsequent year (for License Dashboard License Manager), Sites will be invoiced three months in advance of the anniversary date of the Licence Start Date. Purchase orders and payments for the licence fee must be made to "Eduserv". Invoices are payable within 30 calendar days of the date of invoice.
Price is fixed at time of sign-up to the Agreement for the full term of the 3-year licence.
Sites may, if they wish, pay a single charge to cover their commitment period (3 years).
Start date: 1 March 2012 End date: 31 December 2015
Three year licences with annual payments.
How to Order
Institutions should complete the appropriate document:
One copy of the License Dashboard Order Form (PDF, 557 Kb) indicating your chosen Reseller. Currently contracted Resellers are:
- Phoenix Software
- Software Box (ONline Computers
A Purchase Order for the full amount due plus VAT made payable to "Eduserv"
and return them to Eduserv:
By email to:
By post to:
License Dashboard Agreement
This Site licence is subject to General Licence Terms and Conditions for Software. Copying of the Software is allowed at any Institution for use by any member of staff or student in accordance with the General Licence Conditions for Software.
At the end of the agreement period sites must remove Dashboard Discovery or the Licence Dashboard Enterprise Edition software, along with any add-ons, from their systems.
Location and Use Permissions
|Staff home use rights|
|Student home use rights|
|Access via Citrix, Terminal Server|
Personal licences are not available for this product.
A free 30 day single user evaluation copy of License Dashboard License Manager is available from here: http://www.licensedashboard.co.uk/software-asset-management-tool-evaluation-copy.aspx
Full product documentation is included in the CD media.
Training and Training Materials
This Agreement does not include provision for training other than that which is provided within the software and product documentation. However, training is provided by License Dashboard at its premises in York at the normal rates.
Please download information sheets on:
License Dashboard will provide telephone advice and support to the nominated Technical Contact and/or his/her Deputy at Licensed Institutions during normal business hours. License Dashboard support can be contacted at:
Phone: 0845 265 1333
Supplier Web Address
System releases, new versions and functionality
One copy of system releases and/or new versions and new supporting documentation will be sent by the Supplier to each Licensed Institution as and when they become commercially available.
Method of delivery of product
The master copies of media and Licensed Materials will be delivered to the Licensed Site by License Dashboard Limited. Some materials may be supplied electronically. Delivery can be expected in 5 working days from receipt of licence paperwork.