OpenAthens technology has been used by academic institutions for identity and access management since 1994.
You can use OpenAthens to:
- provide staff, students and researchers easy single sign-on access to external online resources, databases and journals your institution has subscribed to;
- provide staff, students and researchers easy single sign-on access to internal web applications and services that your institution provides.
For a single annual subscription your institution can participate in access management federations, use the popular MyAthens user portal, whilst ensuring compliance with the latest authentication standards.
OpenAthens is a fully supported, flexible and modular framework that dramatically reduces your development time and costs.
The OpenAthens suite of products and services is provided on a shared service model - this means that all of the organisations who use the products and services contribute financially towards their development and operation.
If you would like more information or help in choosing the right solution for your institution, please contact us.
OpenAthens users in the Education sector
- Bath Spa University
- De Montfort University
- Dublin Business School
- Swansea University
- Tacoma Community College
- Ural State Technical University
- Bar Ilan University
- Jerusalem Academy
- Masdar Institute of science and technology
- Iqra University, Karachi
- Bauman Moscow State University
- American College of Physicians