Standards-compliant access management
for service providers
OpenAthens SP (Service Provider) enables your organisation to securely provide and manage access to your web-based resources.
Choosing OpenAthens SP as your access management solution means you can support multiple access management federations and keep up to date with the latest standards and protocols as new technologies emerge.
OpenAthens SP's simplicity means you can manage connectivity to your web-based services to multiple end-users and customers. This makes it ideal for publishers of online content including journals and databases.
Access management is an area where Mintel cannot take risks. OpenAthens SP enabled us to upgrade our Athens support and add Shibboleth and UK Access Management Federation support, simply by adding an additional module.Find out how OpenAthens SP enabled Mintel to support the introduction of the UK Federation.
Established user base
- OpenAthens authenticates and authorizes 4 million users from 2,000 organisations worldwide
- Can be used to connect to Shibboleth federations
- Can be used in any trust federation that uses Open Standards.
Easy to use with simple integration
- Manage configuration with a setup wizard and federation wizard
- Web-based dashboard to manage configurations and perform maintenance and upgrades
- Cross-platform API support to fully integrate access management systems
- Dedicated support with 24/7 infrastructure monitoring
- Easily connect with OpenAthens LA to provide enterprise-wide single sign-on
- Straightforward and free product upgrades
- Minimal effort needed to keep up-to-date with software updates provided in an online repository.
Flexible and future proofed
- We have a long-term development roadmap and are committed to open standards such as SAML
- A single platform with a modular architecture – enabling you to adopt all of the protocols appropriate to your market
- Microsoft .NET platform support.
- SAML 1.1 (Artifact and POST bindings, Shibboleth extensions)
- SAML 2.0 (HTTP-Redirect, Artifact and POST bindings, Shibboleth extensions incorporated into SAML specification)
- IIS 6.0 and 7.0
- Apache 2.0 and 2.2
- JDK 1.5.x, 1.6.x
- Tomcat 5.5+
- .Net 2.0+
- Native C API
- Native Java API
If you'd like to find out more, please call +44 (0) 1225 474 302 or email email@example.com.