Managed Database Service
Losing access to the critical information you and your customers rely on can be disastrous. Our Managed Database Service is designed to keep your database in peak shape – allowing you to focus on what matters.
Our standard Managed Database Service looks after the day to day running, maintenance and backup of your database. We can also custom build a database to your requirements with our optional Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) design, implementation and consultancy services.
- Stability: always have access to your critical information
- Security: protect your data from loss or corruption with our regular backups
- Performance: keep your database running at its peak with our database housekeeping
- Efficiency: resolve any issues quickly and effectively
- Expert support: prevent any outages with our proactive support and 24/7 monitoring
We'll look after every aspect of hosted databases for our Managed Hosting or Cloud Service customers, as well as clients with enterprise Service Level Agreements (SLA).
We specialise in supporting SQL Servers and MySQL.
Monitoring and back-up
- 24/7 monitoring of key database
- Security logs and system usage data
- Assess system health and avoid downtime
- Full daily backup
- Managing incident calls and monitoring alerts
- Workaround and recovery - working with the Application Provider, Platform Support Team and vendor Technical Support as necessary
- Receipt and implementation of RDBMS hot fixes and security patches
- Managing database log files
- Implementing routine integrity checks
- Full daily back-up
Change and Configuration Management
- Assessment and implementation of routine, planned or emergency changes
- Recording and reporting of changes to the appropriate change and release management authority
Data upload administration
- Monitoring uploads
- Reporting incidents to relevant providers
- Standard monthly report on Service Incidents
- Implementing changes in the reporting period
- Forward Maintenance Schedule
Tailor our Managed Database Service to your needs with our range of bolt-on options.
High Availability (HA) Service
Enhanced resilience at the instance level or database level for SQL Server implementations.
Disaster Recovery (DR) Service
Provision and administration.
Capacity and performance Review Service
Extends service monitoring measures to log, trend, analyse and forecast database and system utilisation for capacity or performance, or both.
Major Database Release Upgrade Service
Implementation of RDBMS Product Version next release updates in liaison with vendor Technical Support.
Application Development Support Service
Database-side support to major Application Provider change, test and release.
Extract, Transform, Load (ETL) Management Services
Management of a designated ETL solution, including incident management, maintenance and upgrade.
Data Encryption Services
Certificate management, key administration in relation to a Transparent Data Encryption solution.