Our experts in identity and access management, web development, managed hosting, cloud services and licence negotiation share their news and views.
From the blogRSS Feed
- An analysis of G-Cloud salesG-Cloud sales data is now made publicly available by the Cabinet Office as a spreadsheet at http://gcloud.civilservice.gov.uk/about/sales-information/, a great example of the transparency agenda within government. The current data covers all G-Cloud sales over the last 13 months. I’ve used this data to preform an analysis of G-Cloud sales. The analysis is quite long… drop down [...][...]
- Hack the government!This year marks the fifth anniversary of the national Hack the Government day. It’s an event organised by Rewired State with the main aim of getting a bunch of developers, designers and data analysts in the same room to develop a range of websites, mobile apps or data visualisations based on the massive range of available government data. This was my first experience [...]
- Pioneers of the new public sectorIf you'd said to someone five years ago, maybe two even, that a UK government website would win a major design award they would probably have laughed out loud. But that’s exactly what happened earlier this week, with the Government Digital Service being awarded the Design Museum's Design of the Year 2013 award. This is a major achievement. For a government initiative to be showcased as 'best of breed' in this way reflects a significant undertaking, and a significant disruption to the status quo in government digital circles.
eFoundations blogRSS Feed
- Analysing the police and crime commissioner election dataUK readers will know that elections for police and crime commissioners (PCCs) took place earlier this week, the first time we have had such elections in England and Wales. They will also know that some combination of lack of knowledge,...[...]
- Big Data - size doesn't matter, it's the way you use it that counts...at least, that's what they tell me! Here's my brief take on this year's Eduserv Symposium, Big Data, big deal?, which took place in London last Thursday and which was, by all the accounts I've seen and heard, a pretty...
- Big data, big deal?Some of you may have noticed that Eduserv's annual symposium is happening on May 10. Once again, we're at the Royal College of Physicians in London and this year we are looking at big data, appropriate really... since 2012 has...