Our experts in identity and access management, web development, managed hosting, cloud services and licence negotiation share their news and views.
From the blogRSS Feed
- In with the new – Eduserv Symposium 2013Our annual symposium took place on Thursday last week in London. This was our ninth year of running the Symposium and it represented something of a change in style and substance, with both a new venue (One Great George Street) and a new audience (government and charity, rather than higher education as has been the [...][...]
- “DevOps in the wild” Meri Williams at Eduserv Symposium 2013Notes from Meri Williams’ presentation on DevOps in the Wild at Eduserv Symposium 2013. See the presentation slides and video. Meri used to work as Tech Lead for a financial product within the largest SAP installation in the world. At the time there were over 100 open tickets and it was only possible to release [...]
- “Advice in the 21st century” Mike Dixon at the SymposiumMike Dixon is Assistant Chief Executive of Citizens Advice Bureau. You can watch the video and see the presentation slides from this talk. Mike explains he’s in a good mood today as he’s just heard that Citizens Advice Bureau is to receive £54 million from government. Citizens Advice Bureau is lovely and trusted. Mike asks someone in the [...]
eFoundations blogRSS Feed
- Analysing the police and crime commissioner election dataUK readers will know that elections for police and crime commissioners (PCCs) took place earlier this week, the first time we have had such elections in England and Wales. They will also know that some combination of lack of knowledge,...[...]
- Big Data - size doesn't matter, it's the way you use it that counts...at least, that's what they tell me! Here's my brief take on this year's Eduserv Symposium, Big Data, big deal?, which took place in London last Thursday and which was, by all the accounts I've seen and heard, a pretty...
- Big data, big deal?Some of you may have noticed that Eduserv's annual symposium is happening on May 10. Once again, we're at the Royal College of Physicians in London and this year we are looking at big data, appropriate really... since 2012 has...