Identity and AccessSecure, single sign-on with OpenAthens
Control your users’ access to online resources with a single username and password
Eduserv developed the world’s first federated login for academic organisations in the UK.
Over three million people worldwide in education, healthcare, publishing and commercial organisations now use OpenAthens to access valuable resources such as journals, databases and even desktop applications.
OpenAthens... so much more than single sign-on
Choose one of our Identity and Access Management services and you'll get:
Sophisticated tools to manage user identities and access to all kinds of resources – journals, databases, web services and more.
Standards-compliant, continuously developed products so you'll always stay up to date with the latest technology.
A cost-effective way to offer the benefits of single sign-on to your users and take advantage of access management federation services.
Multiple authentication protocols are supported by OpenAthens so you don't have to replace your existing identity systems.
Simple, slick administration – grant access to desktop or web-based resources whether users are inside or outside your firewall, geographically distant or using a mobile device.
If you'd like to know more about any of our OpenAthens products for identity providers and service providers, please contact us.
Video: What is OpenAthens?
OpenAthens LA 2.0 has been ground-breaking; it has really created a cultural change within the university. Staff find it much easier to use, so they recommend resources to students more frequently as they know they will be able to access them easily.Matt Durant, Bath Spa University’s Information Manager (Digital Resources)
NICE signs two-year agreement with Eduserv to provide identity and access management services through OpenAthens to over 1.5 million users.Read full story
- Important information about your OpenAthens LA implementation24 October 2012The certificate which the UKAMF issue to validate the federation metadata expires on Friday 16 Novem...
- Important information about your OpenAthens SP implementation24 October 2012The certificate which the UKAMF issue to validate the federation metadata expires on Friday 16 Novem...
- OpenAthens SP 2.0.2 released4 September 2012OpenAthens SP enables your organisation to securely provide and manage access to your web-based reso...
- Webinar: OpenAthens Demo with EBSCO Sweden19 June 2013OnlineLearn how to make remote access to your online resources easy and see a product demo with our partne...
- Webinar: OpenAthens Surgery25 June 2013OnlineAn opportunity to ask our experts questions about OpenAthens.
- OpenAthens LA training: Bath3 July 2013Eduserv's offices, BathOpenAthens Administrator Training days provide the perfect opportunity to learn from our experts abo...