Government Ready Platform
Virtualised hosting for the public sector
Our Government Ready Platform is a secure shared virtualised hosting environment that has been specifically built for government organisations to:
- Reduce your costs by 24%*
- Reduce your carbon emissions by 39%†
- Improve speed of service deployment
- Give you more uptime
- Provide you with flexible capacity management.
Organisations such as the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, the Department for Education and the DVLA have already signed up to the Government Ready Platform to help meet their carbon reduction targets, transformation agenda objectives and deliver more for less.
The Government Ready Platform has a host of features that help government departments meet the increasing pressure on budgets, resources and performance:
- Reduce your number of physical servers by up to 76%**
- Hosted in our new Swindon Data Centre that is designed to deliver a Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) reading of less than 1.5
- Low cost licences for software and operating systems in non-live development
- Fewer servers, less power and less deployment time - all reducing your monthly hosting costs
- A shared service dedicated to the public sector
- Ability to snapshot services to enable roll back of failed deployments
- Designed to provide near real time data replication
- Identical infrastructure available for hot-standby disaster recovery
- Based over two data centres to ensure resilient disaster recovery
- Rapid creation of new virtual servers means setup and deployment time is faster
- Flexibility to quickly and cost effectively build new environments for testing and proof of concepts
* Cost savings based on DfE’s reduction in monthly hosting costs.
** Based on DfE’s reduction of servers from 90 to 22.
† Figure based on average carbon emission reduction when switching to virtualised hosting. Source: APC trade off tools 2009.
Since launch, the hosting for the new BIS website has been the most reliable we have used with the greatest resilience and uptime.Will Callaghan, Corporate Web Manager, The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills
The Government Ready Platform provided us with a more resilient hosting environment, quicker deployment of services and better capacity management; as well as reducing costs and carbon emissions.Bill Hudson, ICT Supplier Engagement Manager, Department for Education