Hosting server equipment can be a complex and expensive task. Our Colocation Services give you the control you need over your server platforms, without the overheads of running your own datacentre.
Our colocation facilities are based in our state-of-the-art Swindon Data Centre. As well as rack space for server, storage and networking equipment, we also offer resilient internet peering, JANET access for academic customers, and ‘smart hands’ on-site technical support.
- Savingsas well as our competitive rates, you'll save on physical space, power spend and maintenance
- Security – ISO27001 standard security, including 24/7 on-site presence and 360º CCTV coverage.
- Support – ‘remote hands’ server inspection and reboot support is available between 08:00 and 18:00, Monday to Friday
- Speed – need more capacity? Deploy quickly without having to build costly data centre facilities
- Power – get the power and resilience you need with up to 7kw per rack.
Our flexible packages can be customised to meet your needs. Give us a call on +44 (0)1225 474321 or email us if you'd like to know more about our Managed Colocation facilities or book a tour of the Data Centre.
A high-quality datacentre environment
Our standard colocation facilities are 47u racks with dual 32-amp feeds – and a commitment to 100% power availability. But we can configure things differently to fit your specific requirements. For example, we can host high-density services such as HPC clusters.
Keeping an eye out for any potential issues is a priority for us – we know this is key to maintaining uptime and improving efficiency. That’s why, as well as monitoring the datacentre environment, core infrastructure and network 24/7, we also monitor individual rack PDUs.
Network and internet peering
With our colocation services, you’ll benefit from links to several ISPs covering various different tiers, giving you diversity, stability and resilience. If your organisation is in the education, government or third sector, we can provide sector-specific WAN network connectivity via several carriers, including JANET connectivity via our dedicated PoP.
Remote and Smart hands
We can inspect and reboot your servers or even provide elements of managed hosting such as server build, operating system maintenance and back-up handling.
We can also carry out other services as you need them such as server racking, cabling or secure diposal.
KVM over IP services
You can have remote access and monitoring for your services
- Power: site capacity of 7.5 MVA with equipment and infrastructure designed to achieve a power usage effectiveness (PUE) of less than 1.6
- Generator backup: on-site backup generator capable of powering the entire site at full load for 2.5 days
- UPS: modular UPS capacity totalling 750 kVA providing resilient power protection and smoothing for your equipment
- Cooling: high-efficiency cooling systems, using free-cooling and cold aisle containment, with a set temperature range of 18 to 24oC
- Fire prevention and suppression: VESDA LaserPLUS detection systems and FM200 suppression systems
- N+1 resilience: on all key environmental systems (power supply chain, generator backup, cooling and UPS)
- Power density: racks are provided with 3.5kW per rack but can scale to 7kW with dual 32-amp feeds, alongside the necessary cooling capacity
- Dimensions: 47u x 600mm x 1200mm as standard, but we can offer 800mm-wide racks – typically for networking and patching equipment
- Floor void: 600mm
- Floor loading: 8kN/sqm as standard, with the option to upgrade
- Contiguous rack space: we allocate rack space based on your anticipated growth in the short and medium term, and are happy to reserve space where possible
- 24/7 on-site security presence, including 360° coverage from external CCTV cameras and a direct connection to the emergency services
- A secure full-perimeter fence and controlled main entrance gate, including an automatic perimeter and internal intruder detection system
- All internal and external doors alarmed and monitored – access to data halls is via electronic key card
- Racks are secured, as a minimum, with key-lockable front and rear access doors
- Robust access control procedures – site visits are restricted to pre-approved visitors only
- We run regular penetration tests of the core datacentre network to protect against network intrusions
- Our datacentre and operations staff are security cleared to at least Basic Identity Check (BC) standard